Side Cover Fabrication [Pt.2]

After taking some time to sand the sharp edges of the side covers, I went about spray painting the side covers satin black. I used a rust-proof primer/paint can solution to get the job done, and was quite happy with the results!

Painted Side Covers

Painted Side Covers

While the finish was (for the most part), exactly what I was after, there were some very obvious sections of over-spray. I decided that I would fix these sections up by sanding them back and respraying those sections.

Sanded Back Over-Spray

Sanded Back Over-Spray

With a bit of care, I coated the sanded sections with a fresh lick of paint, and managed to tie it into the existing paint quite well.

Second Round Of Paint

Second Round Of Paint

When the second round of paint dried, the results were just what I was after.

Side Covers Finished

Side Covers Finished

While the above picture is not bolted down, you get the idea! I still need to mount insulation on the inside faces of the side covers before I start using them, I am glad to have these sorted as I wait for the seat to return from upholstery (it’s taking a little longer than expected!)

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on RedditPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Comments