After a remarkable amount of effort, I finally have the battery ready to go! I decided to fill two of the four batteries, just in case. We also have a couple more Honda 125cc power plants that might need one, so I don’t see it being a bad idea!
Sure enough, throwing a battery in, things fit perfectly. Testing the electrics was promising also…
On a completely unrelated side note; I decided to switch out the slightly bent, ratty looking shift lever for an identical replacement that looked in better nick.
My dilemma now is trying to ascertain why no spark is getting produced when cranking the motor. I’ve tried switched out the spark plug, switched out the ignition coils, checked all the ignition circuit wiring and can’t seem to come to a resolution. Ah well! Nobody ever said it was going to be that easy! I’ll likely be investigating the rectifier and ignition switch next. I also came across a few carburetor related headaches that will need to be addressed also, but first off, I’ll need to resolve the ignition issue.